Consortium of Green Fashion, A Green Initiative of M. K. S. S. S’s School of Fashion Technology, Pune.
About - School of Fashion Technology, Pune
The School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), Pune, India – was established in 1998 by Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS), Pune , India – in technical collaboration with National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), (Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India) and in affiliation with SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. A mission to identify young women with professional, managerial, technical and entrepreneurial aspirations, talents and determination and trigger them off to become excellent inspirational leaders in the fashion industry in India to meet the challenges of industrial competitiveness on a global plane.
SOFT offers education in Fashion Design, Fashion Communication, Fashion Retail Management, Apparel Production, Textile Design, and Fashion Technology.
SOFT has prestigious tie-ups with international collaborations through its Graduate and Post- Graduate Programs. SOFT has a tie up with Lorenzo De’Medici, Italy and Seneca, Toronto. For more information visit our website: www.soft.ac.in
About - Consortium of Green Fashion
- According to STEP (Sustainable Technology Education Project), Green Fashion is about making clothes that take into account the environment, the health of consumers and the working conditions of people in the fashion industry.
- SOFT in association with DyStar proudly promotes the concepts of ecology along with the “Fair Fashion” and “Responsible Fashion” that aims to reach the grass root level to strengthen that particular stratum of industry which ultimately leads to healthy fashion.
Three areas of focus
- Fashion Research
- Fashion Enhancement
Industries – Domestic Exports
- Green Fashion, its contribution and possible application in Indian Fashion Industry.
- Improvement in Supply Chain Management.
- Productivity Improvement.
- The supplementary knowledge related to the fashion forecast in relation with garment industry.
- Quality improvement through color solutions, eco solutions and quality solutions.
(IN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION)
Handloom and Handicrafts
- Small Fashion Entrepreneurs.
- Interactive training programs to enhance and upgrade the product range through Value addition and Skill Development.
- Product promotions through Fashion Shows, Exhibitions.
- Promotions of Eco-Fashion clothes made by using recycled and reused textiles.
Industry skilled labour
NGO’s product development
- Academic Program which will inspire students – as the next generation of industry players- to raise standards for fashion industry of the future.
- Training programs for unskilled people in sewing techniques.
- Cluster Development.
- Training for budding designers, unorganized industry in the social code of conduct.
- Trend forecast knowledge related to Indian fashion market.
Themes and Sub-themes
Theme of Consortium of Green Fashion
- Carbon footprints
- Energy conservation
- Water Conservation
- Fair Trade
- Waste Management